In spite of the "No Smoking" sign at the filling station, this man apparently thought it was safe to play with his cigarette lighter while filling his car. He foolishly flicked his lighter while at the pump in the Melbourne suburb of Thomastown.
The video shows the motorist fooling with his lighter while filling his car. The lighter ignited the fumes coming from the pump.
The filling station's CCTV camera caught the dramatic action that followed. The motorist was momentarily engulfed in flames. Unable to control the flames, he literally leaps over his car and flees. Now Public reports that another driver, identified as Mr. Hussei Zaini, came to the rescue with a bucket of water. He throws the water on the flames while an attendant closes down the pump.
According to Daily Mail, the Melbourne Fire Brigade Deputy Chief Robert Taylor, was full of praises for Mr Zaini. He said: "He's had a fantastic presence of mind. He's recognized the danger of the situation and his bravery has to be commended."
Daily Mail reports the driver who almost got himself killed has not been identified.
Now Public comments that the "No Smoking" signs at filing stations "are there for a reason: fire and petrol vapors do not mix." The video is a lesson for those who choose to ignore "No smoking" signs at filling stations.